Sara Elisabeth Hansen
Copenhagen Business School (CBS), DK
Degree & Study program
Master in Strategy, Organisation and Leadership
I have several areas of interest and therefore several ideas about what I would like to write about in my master's thesis from approx. January to May 2020:
- Post-merger integration and culture's role in it: How the restructuring works and what obstacles there are when a European company takes over an Asian/Southern American company (or vice versa). I would like to focus on both the country-specific cultures as well as the corporate cultures, draw differences between them, and look at how well the PMI has been done so far or how it is planned to look like.
- Mergers/Acquisitions and leadership: How do managers handle managing people who originally worked at another company with a different corporate culture?
- Leadership of people from different cultures/different cultural leadership styles: in many countries (particularly in Scandinavia) there are very flat hierarchies, whereas in Asia hierarchies are extremely steep - what are the challenges for managers and employees when people from different cultural backgrounds work together? Do employees adapt to the norms of the country they work in or to their manager's culture? How do the managers deal with these kinds of situations?
- Keiretsu or Zaibatsu networks
- CSR in the pharmaceutical or (non-green) energy industry
- CSR in East Asia: Korea and Japan are amongst the countries with the longest working hours.
- Female leadership and contrasting critical success factors/challenges/etc. in different countries, e.g. Scandinavia vs. Middle East or Asia